Oberon > Software
Oberon Software Repository
Some of the contributed applications downloadable from ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/ETHOberon/Contrib/ are described here. The documentation of the remaining ones, sometimes limited to a Readme text, is found in the package itself. More contributions will receive an equivalent description as time goes and as time becomes available. The RX tool, which is part of the Oberon distribution, is also included.
- AntsInFields: Simulation and Bayesian inference on Gibbs fields. Distributed with the 2nd edition of G. Winkler's book "Image Analysis, Random Fields and Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods." Uses Voyager.
- Babel: Compiler compiler
- Cat: Computational Analysis Tools
- CORDIC: CORDIC algorithms
- FFT: Fast Fourier Transform
- JD: JD Math and Algorithm library
- LAPACK: Linear Algebra PACKage
- LongRealConversions: Library for LONGREAL to String conversions and vice versa.
- MultiArrays: Processing of arrays of arbitrary dimensions and of arbitrary element types.
- Voyager: a system for data analysis and statistics
- Toy: Toy, a virtual machine for a concatenative language
- SSH: Secure Shell client for Oberon
- Lens: Light ray tracing through a centered system of lenses
- NE2000: Ethernet Driver for NE2000 clones - in the release
- Greek: the greek font - in the release
- Math: the math font - in the release
- Oberon Metafont: Outline descriptions of the Oberon font family for the Gfx package - in the release
- Open Type: use of TrueType fonts in Oberon - in the release
- Diagrams: Model and viewer for 2-dimensional function graphs
- FDD: Four dimensional dreams
- Gfx: high-level 2D-graphics library - in the release. See Gfx.Tool.
- Images: library for basic raster images handling - in the release. See Images.Tool and Images.Text.
- Leonardo and Vinci: 2D graphics editor and interpreted graphical description language - in the release. See Leonardo.Tool and Vinci.Tool.
- WebNavigator: A HTML4.0 Renderer
- SaveScreen: extensible screen saver - in the release. See SaveScreen.Text and SaveScreen.Tool
- SavePoints: plug-in for SaveScreen displaying a collection of three-dimensional figures - in the release. See SavePoints.Text
- CRC: CRC checksum computation
- Cron: a command scheduler
- HPCalc: simple desktop calculator - in the release. See HPCalc.Panel.
- Messages: Message tracer for debugging a message handler
- MimeArchive: build-a multipart MIME archive
- OFormatter: Oberon source text formatter
- Index: Cross reference builder and pretty printer
- RX: RX regular expressions tool
- Regul: lexical analyzer
- TCA: Test Coverage Analyser
- Util: Oberon Utility Disk
- CDB: The Oberon Code Database
If you want to contribute your software to the Oberon project, please upload it to ftp://ftp.inf.ethz.ch/incoming/ (don't forget to make a small homepage for it, like those listed above} and send an e-mail to Pieter Muller
25 May 2003 - Copyright © 2003 ETH Zürich. All rights reserved.
E-Mail: oberon-web at inf.ethz.ch